Our Assistant to the Pastor, Stephen, has asked if I would consider another series for our Church’s Blog, the Fountain. Thanks to Stephen and his assistance in getting the first “Birds of the Bible” series started, those articles and this resulting blog have grown beyond what was ever imagined. Now, we are beginning another new series.
Some of his first suggestions were like, “Birdwatching for Dummies” and I assured him that that book had already been written. The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Birdwatching has also been written. Between the two of us, we just want to encourage you to start birding today.
Okay, so I am suppose to start “birdwatching,” what is it?
“Birding”, “Birdwatching”, “Bird Watching”, “Looking at or for birds”, “Enjoying seeing birds” or whatever you want to call it, are basically the same. It amounts to watching the many wonderful birds that the Lord has created. If you observe only one bird, you are still “birding.”
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; (Song of Solomon 2:12 KJV)
So watch for future titles like:
- Start Birdwatching Today: Some Background Information
- Start Birdwatching Today: Why Should I Go Outside and Stare at Birds?
- Start Birdwatching Today: The Few Tools You Need To Be A Birdwatcher
- Start Birdwatching Today: Where Do I Go?
- Start Birdwatching Today: What Kind of Bird is This?
- Start Birdwatching Today: When Should I Go?
- Start Birdwatching Today: What is that Sound?
See the series in the Birdwatching section.