This afternoon Dan’s 94 year old mother went to glory. We have been with her for the last week as much as possible. Thank all of you who have been praying for her and us. We are sad, but also rejoicing because she accepted the Lord as her personal Savior several years ago. The Scriptures tell us:
Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. (Psalms 116:15 KJV)
Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. (2 Corinthians 5:5-9 KJV)
We trust that you also know the Lord as your personal Savior.
John 3:15-21 KJV
(15) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
(20) For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
(21) But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
Thank you, in advance, for your prayers as we go through the next few days and the funeral.