Bible Birds – Thrushes
Even the stork in the sky Knows her seasons; And the turtledove and the swift and the thrush Observe the time of their migration; But My people do not know The ordinance of the LORD. (Jeremiah 8:7 NASB)
There are several families of birds that have thrushes in them. Not sure which ones are referred to by the verse, but many of them do “Observe the time of their migration.” Here are the Families with Thrushes.
- Turdidae – Thrushes – Main family (185 Thrushes)
- Formicariidae – Antthrushes (12 Antthrushes)
- Leiothrichidae – Laughingthrushes (64 Laughingthrushes)
- Psophodidae – Whipbirds, Jewel-babblers, Quail-thrushes (7 Quail-thrushes)
- Troglodytidae – Wrens (1 Wrenthrush)
Thrushes live worldwide and many of them migrate (or fly to another area during different times of the year). The Lord has given them the ability and the sense to go where it is warmer or cooler, depending on the time of the year; to go where there is food available so they can raise their young; or go whereever He wants them to go.
Look at these articles about or that mention the Thrushes:
- Bible Birds – Thrush Introduction
- The Woodpeckers Start A Bird Band #1
- Birds In Christmas Hymns – Carol of the Birds (Re-post)
- Bible Birds – Smith’s Sparrows
- Vol. 2, No. 3 – The Song Sparrow
- Nugget – Providence and Protection