This is the first in a new series called, “When I Consider! Please see the article, “A Closer Look at the Evidence – Kleiss“, by Richard and Tina Kleiss, for an explanation of this new series. Not only will I use information from the Kleiss’ book, but other articles also. Since our main blog is about Bird’s, this seems like a good starting place.
“Evidence From Biology”
The eagle’s diving speed can exceed 100 miles per hour. At this speed, the eagle’s eyesight must be perfect in order to know exactly when to pull out of a dive. It’s eyes are designed to spot a rabbit or fish up to one mile away. The eagle also has remarkably designed wings, each covered by over 12,000 feathers. Aircraft designers are still trying to copy this engineering marvel.
Besides the ability to climb to 10,000 feet withing minutes, the parent eagle also assists its young in flight. As it flies alongside the eaglet, whirlpools of air formed by its primary feathers provide the eaglet with additional lift.
In speaking of His protective care over the nation of Israel, God states, ‘..I bare you on eagle’s wings…’ (Exodus 19:4 KJV). The Hebrew word for ‘bare’ is nacah, and its primary rood means ‘to lift.’ This is exactly what the parent eagle does to help its young in flight.
The precise selection and meaning of words used in the Bible is a testimony to the accuracy and precision of the remarkable book.
Character Sketches, Vol.III, p171-174″
The above quote is from January 28, “A Closer Look at the Evidence,” by Richard and Tina Kleiss
This series will be based on:
Psalms 8:3-9 NKJV
(3) When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
(4) What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him?
(5) For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor.
(6) You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,
(7) All sheep and oxen– Even the beasts of the field,
(8) The birds of the air, And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas.
(9) O LORD, our Lord, How excellent is Your name in all the earth!