Evidence from Biology
“Some animals, such as the duckbilled platypus, have organs that completely confound evolutionary explanation. The platypus has a mixture of features from animals completely unrelated to its supposed ancestry. For instance:
- The warm-blooded platypus feeds its babies milk like other mammals.
- It lays leathery eggs, has a single ventral opening (for eliminating its waste, mating, and birth), and has claws and a shoulder girdle like most reptiles.
- It can detect electrical currents like some fish.
- It has webbed feet like an otter, a flat tail like a beaver, and the male can inject poison into its predator like a snake.
- It has a bill like a duck.
It would seem that animals such as the platypus are God’s reminder of His unfathomable creativity. These animals combine features from many unrelated creatures and have no logical place on the evolutionary tree.” There is no direct evidence that any major group of animals (or plants) arose from any other group. Completely different types of animals are only observed going out of existence (extinctions), never coming into existence.”
In the Beginning, 7th Ed., p.7
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; And His greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise Your works to another, And shall declare Your mighty acts. I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, And on Your wondrous works. Men shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts, And I will declare Your greatness. (Psalms 145:3-6 NKJV)
From A Closer Look at the Evidence, Richard and Tina Kleiss, Aug 3
Interesting Things – The Platypus more information and a great song about it by Buddy Davis.
More – When I Consider! articles