It’s December and time to celebrate Christmas again. Many will be busy getting wrapped up in the excitement of the “Holiday Season” while those of us here at our blog will be celebrating the real meaning of Christmas. We hope to have some articles that present “Christmas” as it should be, the birth of our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Luke Chapter 2 has one of the most known passages about the birth of Jesus Christ. I will post a part of it in different posts. Also other passages will be given this month that tell of His Birth.
Luke 2:1-14 KJV
(1) And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
(2) (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
(3) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
(4) And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
(5) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
(6) And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
(7) And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
(8) And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
(9) And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
(10) And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
(11) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
(12) And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
(13) And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
(14) Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
These are a review of post done in previous years and are worth re-reading.
Christmas Gospel Presentation produced by Sean Fielder and Pastor Jerry Smith
Birds of the Bible – Jerusalem and Bethlehem Area
Birds of the Bible – At the Manger
Birds in Hymns – Friendly Beasts
Birds in Hymns – Christmas Brings Joy To Every Heart
Christmas Birds – Red
Christmas Birds – Green
Christmas Birds – Red and Green
Christmas Birds – Ornaments
Merry Christmas 2009
Please watch the video of my pastor, Nathan Osborne, III, as he gave an excellent illustration about birds out in the cold and snow. It helps to explain the true meaning of Christmas. (Part of our Christmas cantata, “From the Manger to the Cross”)