And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. (Hebrews 9:22 KJV)
As we continue the mini-series of the “Easter Birds”, today we look at the blood that was shed by Jesus Christ on the cross. When we see these “Blood” Birds, may we be reminded of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross for us.
Just before being taken by the soldiers, Christ has been praying:
And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground. (Luke 22:44 KJV)
John tells us:
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. (John 19:34 KJV)
The Bible teaches all through the Old Testament about the sacrifices that were carried out for the forgiveness of sin. They had to do this time after time because, as Hebrews 9 explains:
Hebrews 9:6-15 KJV
(6) Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.
(7) But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:
(8) The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
(9) Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
(10) Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
(11) But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
(12) Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(13) For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
(14) How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
(15) And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
There are many verses that speak about the need of Christ shedding His blood, dying, and Praise the Lord, for rising from the tomb. (Opps, that is for tomorrow.) Here are few of those verses:
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. (Romans 5:9 KJV)
To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; (Ephesians 1:6-7 KJV)
Blood-colored Woodpecker (Veniliornis sanguineus)
But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
(Ephesians 2:13 KJV)
In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. (Colossians 1:14-17 KJV)
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: (1 Peter 1:18-19 KJV)
The “Cross” birds were considered, but the Crossbills, which are in the Finches – Fringillidae Family, were the only birds with “cross” in their name. Also, “Crown” Birds were considered, but there were too many. If you missed the mini-series, they are the “Palm”, “Whip”, “Thorn” and the “Sword and Piercer” Birds.
More Formed By Him Articles