They have come out with the latest Update and I am again working on updating the blog. This time they added only 13 new species, deleted 2, and made 3 changes to names. But, as lately, they threw another family up in the air to rearrange it. This time it was the Hornbill-Bucerotidae family. It was really reshuffled and they changed some of the genus around.
Here are the new additions:
- Aztec Rail (Rallus tenuirostris) – Was Subspecies of King Rail
- Mangrove Rail (Rallus longirostris) – The Old Clapper Rail
- Clapper Rail (Rallus crepitans) – New Clapper Rail
- Ridgway’s Rail (Rallus obsoletus) – Formerly California Clapper
- Sooty Barbet (Caloramphus hayii)- Was Subspecies
- Blue-eared Barbet (Megalaima duvaucelii) – Removed M. d. australis Subspecies
- Palkachupa Cotinga (Phibalura boliviana) – Was Subspecies of Swallow-tailed Cotinga
- Riparian Antbird (Cercomacra fuscicauda)- Was Subspecies
- Bougainville Whistler (Pachycephala richardsi) – Was Subspecies
- Black-eared Warbler (Basileuterus melanotis) – Was Subspecies
- Tacarcuna Warbler (Basileuterus tacarcunae) – Was Subspecies
- Yungas Warbler (Basileuterus punctipectus)- Was Subspecies
- Roraiman Warbler (Myiothlypis roraimae)- Was Subspecies
- Pale Baywing (Agelaioides fringillarius)- Was Subspecies
- Norfolk Ground Dove
- White-throated Whistler
Hard to find data yet on these because sites are being updated, just as this one is. Will update when all the 4.4 Version is complete.
Also: Sorry there has not been as many articles lately, but have been dealing with several health issues. The Bronchitis is almost over, now have stitches from skin cancer removal. Physical Therapy is helping. Praise the Lord, it could be a lot worse. It is just that everything came close together. Also, Praise the Lord for the way He created the human body.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. (Psalms 139:14 NKJV)