Swinhoe's Pheasant (Lophura swinhoii) Male ©WikiC
Swinhoe’s Pheasant – The Secret Agents.. ~ by a j mithra
The Swinhoe’s Pheasant, discovered in 1862 by Robert Swinhoe, is a bird endemic to the undisturbed broadleaf forests of Taiwan below 2,500 meters of elevation. Since then, its numbers have fallen due to destruction of natural habitat, and was listed as endangered in 1966.
The habitat of the Swinhoe’s Pheasant has been recorded as dense forest. However, they can also be seen feeding out in the open along forest trails or on forest edges. The range of the Swinhoe’s Pheasant is from sea level up to 2,500 meters of the Central Mountain Range.
Swinhoe's Pheasant (Lophura swinhoii) Female ©WikiC
They live on the floor of a forest with a dense canopy and sparse undergrowth. Occasionally, they may also be found in more mature secondary growth forest, bamboo forest, and mixed forests. Because most of Taiwan’s broadleaf forest has been cleared in the lower elevations, Swinhoe’s Pheasants are mainly found in forests above 1,000 meters elevation. Fragmentation of forests occurring in the upper elevations is a growing threat to populations of the Swinhoe’s Pheasant. Though these birds prefer a higher elevation for a habitat, they still prefer to live on the floor of the forest..
- Zacchaeus was a tax collector and must have been a rich man,,,
- We all know that he climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Jesus…
- And how Jesus went to his house only after he obeyed and came down from the tree..
Where are we right now?
Jesus will step into our lives and homes, but, not until we humble ourselves, Our feet planted firmly on the ground…
A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit. (Proverbs 29:23)
Swinhoe's Pheasant (Lophura swinhoii) ©WikiC
The Swinhoe’s Pheasant follow the same feeding route in the forest each day. Along forest trails, there are often visible paths through the vegetation where the pheasants walk in and out every day. These paths are not permanent, however, and the same bird might have several entrances in an area.
- When satan closes one door our God opens several entrances for us…
- But, most of us just keep staring and grumbling at the closed road instead of looking at the other doors which God had opened for us…
- One night, Peter’s door was closed and he returned with an empty boat..
- But, Jesus had different plans after Peter willingly gave his boat to Him…
- He opened the door so wide that, Peter’s boat overflowed into his friend’s boat too.
- Instead of staring and grumbling at the closed door, give your life to Jesus and He shall open doors for you and yours too…
- Well, satan may come through one way but he surely has to flee through seven ways.
This means if he enters your life, he has to open seven doors for you as he flees, because, your life is God’s own domain…
The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways. (Deuteronomy 28:7)
Swinhoe's Pheasant (Lophura swinhoii) Female ©WikiC
These pheasants feed by digging and their natural diet consists of seeds, plant material, acorns, berries, flower buds, leaves, and occasionally insects such as earthworms, millipedes, termites. They tend to feed in the early morning and late afternoon hours, along trail edges in herbaceous ground cover. The pheasants are most active early dawn and late afternoon, especially in the fog when visibility is low. During the night, pheasants roost in trees, discovered through radio-tracking by researchers.
- If not for His grace and mercy, neither I wouldn’t have written this article nor you would be reading this..
- All of us would like to see more of His grace and mercy in our lives, but, we fail to comprehend that His grace is not for everyone..
- We know that His mercy is like morning dew, but how many of us seek Him at dawn?
- His grace is for the humble, but are we humble?
Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly. (Proverbs 3:34)
The nests of Swinhoe’s Pheasants are so well concealed that it is almost impossible to come across unless followed through radio-tracking. The nests are built in highly secretive locations under a large shelter such as logs or rocks where it is safe from rain and predators. Sometimes the nest is built on a tree, where it is well hidden by vegetation.
- When Jesus becomes the head of our house, satan will never be able to see us…
- Remember how God smote the Syrian horses and chariots with blindness and led them to a wrong place?
- He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow…
- He is not only the God of Elijah but ours too..
- If He can do it for Elijah, He can do it for us too, provided we are as faithful as Prophet Elijah….
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. (Psalm 139:13)
- His protection is there for us since we entered our mother’s womb..
- But, are we still worthy to have this fool-proof protection?
- If not, it is time for us to regain lost ground by completely submitting our lives..
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (2Chronicles 7:14)
Have a blessed day!
Your’s in YESHUA,
a j mithra
Please visit us at: Crosstree
The Swinhoe’s Pheasant is part of the Phasianidae Family of the Galliformes Order.