Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. (Matthew 2:1-2 KJV)
Today I am doing something a little different. Instead of a song, there is a short Christmas message from my pastor. This was given during the Camel Lot Christmas Musical that we had in 2012. It applies for today, as well. Listen to Pastor Nathan Osborne III as you watch some of the Lord Jesus Christ’s creation among the birds.
The birth of the Jesus, His death on the cross and His resurrection are all a part of Christmas.
Our Pastor at the Christmas Camel Lot Musical – 2012
(Started adding Christmas colored birds, but then added newer photos from this year.)
Some Previous Christmas Articles
- Everlasting Light Cantata – Christmas Shines
- Some Christmas Birds
- Birds in Christmas Hymns – Mini Series
- Birds in Christmas Hymns – Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee
- Birds In Christmas Hymns – Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne
- Birds in Christmas Hymns – The Day The Christ-Child’s Tender Eyes
- Birds in Christmas Hymns – Christmas Brings Joy To Every Heart
- Birds In Christmas Hymns – The Worcester Christmas Carol
- Birds In Christmas Hymns – The Friendly Beasts
- Birds In Christmas Hymns – This Endris Night
- Birds in Christmas Hymns – I Wonder As I Wander
- Birds In Christmas Hymns – Hail to the Lord’s Anointed
- Birds In Christmas Hymns – Carol of the Birds
- Birds In Christmas Hymns – Welcome To Christmas
I saw something of interest at Ollie’s today. It was a spiritual journal. Each day, you were supposed to write the date, bird you saw, and the message the bird gave you. Interesting. Message? Was I missing something. The whole book was the same thing. I got to the end and realized that it was written by a practicing wiccan. Sometimes, I forget that spiritual doesn’t necessarily mean godly.
PS Was I ever surprised by your comment on my blog. Didn’t know you ever read it. http://www.joanna-fiftysomething.blogspot.com
Never know where I will show up. Really, I try to check out the blogs of those who are readers and/or followers of this blog from time to time. With almost 1,000 followers, I don’t get to everyones when they post. :)
Lovely pictures, and such an important message. If people don’t connect the manger to the cross and the empty tomb, they have missed all the point of Christmas for sure.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love your message and your bird pics they are stunning and beautiful, thank you!
LikeLiked by 1 person