Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. (Revelation 4:11 KJV)
I know this blog is about birds, but the “Plus” in the name lets me show other critters. Every since the Meerkats where on the Animal Planet TV series several years back, they have been another favorite of mine. (I have LOTS of favorites) The enclosure for the Meerkats at the Houston Zoo was one of the nicer ones we have seen. They seemed to be right comfortable with their surroundings.
We were able to watch them through a glass wall, which gave great views of them. They were created to blend in with their habitat and they do it quite well. What care the Lord provides for His critters and their protection.
From the Houston Zoo’s Meerkat page.
Meerkats belong to the mongoose family and are also known as slender-tailed mongooses. These animals have a tolerance for venom, which is why they can eat scorpions and venomous snakes.
- Scientific Name: Suricata suricatta
- Range: Angola, Botswana, South Africa, and Namibia
- Status in the Wild: Not Threatened
- Location in the Zoo: Natural Encounters
- Cool Animal Fact A group of meerkats is called a “mob” or a “gang.”
Here are most of the photos taken of these cute Meerkats:
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (John 1:3 KJV)
More Vacation Blogs
- Wonga Dove and Taveta Weavers at Houston Zoo
- Houston Zoo’s Four-eyed Fish
- Houston Zoo – Vacation – Part 2-B
- Houston Zoo – Vacation – Part 2
- Birdwatching Along The Way – Vacation – Part 1