By them (springs) the birds of the heavens have their home; They sing among the branches. He waters the hills from His upper chambers; The earth is satisfied with the fruit of Your works. (Psalms 104:12-13 NKJV)
While visiting the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, we visited their Hummingbird Aviary. They have four species of hummingbirds flying around in their spacious surroundings. Well, actually, a couple of them were sitting on their nest.
I was excited again to be able to see some of the Lord’s fantastic Hummingbirds. Especially two of the species. I had never seen the Broad-billed or Broad-tailed Hummingbirds before. Thankfully, we saw them again outside the aviary, which enabled me to add those 2 to my Life List of Birds. (264 and counting)
My camera acted up just as we entered the aviary. What disappointment. Thankful, there was a man there with the exact camera as mine and we were able to get it re-adjusted. Apparently I had hit some wrong button and in my frustration, continued to mess it up more. (None of you have ever been frustrated?) In the mean time, the hummers were doing their thing, totally unaware of my problems.
All the birds of the heavens made their nests in its boughs; Under its branches all the beasts of the field brought forth their young; And in its shadow all great nations made their home. (Ezekiel 31:6 NKJV)
I said that to say, I don’t have as many photos to show, because many were tossed. Here are some of the better ones. Unfortunately, I’m not positive of who was who.
- Anna’s Hummingbird – Desert Museum Photos
- Anna’s Hummingbird – All About Birds
- Anna’s Hummingbird – Wikipedia
- Broad-billed Hummingbird – Desert Museum Photos
- Broad-billed Hummingbird – All About Birds
- Broad-billed Hummingbird – Wikipedia
- Broad-tailed Hummingbird – Desert Museum Photos
- Broad-tailed Hummingbird – All About Birds
- Broad-tailed Hummingbird – Wikipedia
- Costa’s Hummingbird – Desert Museum Photos
- Costa’s Hummingbird – All About Birds
- Costa’s Hummingbird – Wikipedia
- Trochilidae – Hummingbirds Family
- Sea to Sea in 2015
- Life List of Birds
- Life List of All Birds We Have Seen
- Wordless Birds – Hummingbirds
These are great pictures (even with a misbehaving camera ;) )
I love hummingbirds. We had a whole row of feeders outside the living room when I was a kid. It was always cool to hear one buzzing around behind you, or watch them zoom around at each other! :)
Thanks, Chad and thanks for stopping by the blog.
Such beautiful little birds – they’re like flying gems!
LikeLiked by 1 person