We will continue with the Foundation from the Word of God (the Bible) about the creation of birds.
If you have not read “Birds of the Bible – Foundation #1 Updated ” Click Here
By the end of Genesis Chapter 1 the birds (fowls of the air):
- Created by the Lord on Day 5
- Each according to its kind
- Told to multiply and fill the earth
- Were given every green herb for food (vegetarians)
- Placed under the dominion of man
- “God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good.”
In Chapter 2, the birds are named by Adam. (v 19-20)
At this point, we know that the birds were at their best, they were eating fruits, seeds, herbs and not each other. The birds had been named according to their kinds by Adam, who was created on Day 6. Their colors and features were at their grandest showing the Glory of God’s wisdom and omnipotence. They must have been fantastic to behold.
BUT WE COME TO GENESIS CHAPTER 3
When the serpent tempted Eve and caused her to question the Word of God, she not only questioned, but added to the Word of God.
Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. (Genesis 3:1-3 KJV
Most of you know the rest of what happened:
- Eve ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and gave Adam some also.
- They were caught and tried to pass the blame.
- The serpent was cursed. Adam and Eve become sinners and pass sin on to their offspring (us).
- All God’s creation was cursed (Genesis 3:15-19)
- Death (spiritual and physical) is now present, which had not been before.
- Because of Adam’s sin, an animal had to die to make “coats of skins, and clothed them”, “God clothes them with a garment which covers their nakedness, a garment which had its origin in death (the death of another), which had come in, but which hid the effects of the sin that had introduced it.” (Darby’s Synopsis)
- Sacrifices of the blood of animals and birds for man’s sin is begun. Not until the Lord Jesus Christ became the perfect sacrifice (Hebrews 9:12-14) did the need for those sacrifices end.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. (John 3:16-21)
Somewhere between the Fall of Adam and Eve and the cursing of them and all of creation, the birds, animals, earth, man, etc. all begin to have changes in their behavior from God’s proclaiming that all was “very good.” By the time of the Flood (Foundation #3), that, “very good” is no longer true.
Several very interesting articles:
Different Kinds of Flesh, by Paul A. Bartz
Even Strange Animals Fit into Kinds, by Paul A. Bartz
Why Does God’s Creation Include Death & Suffering?, by Tommy Mitchell, January 31, 2008, From “The New Answers Book”, Answers in Genesis
How Did Defense/Attack Structures Come About?, by Andy McIntosh & Bodie Hodge, December 27, 2007, From “The New Answers Book”, Answers in Genesis
Why Did God Create Such Terrible Teeth? by Brian Thomas, M.S., Institute for Creation Research
Did Lions Roam the Garden of Eden? by Nathaniel T. Jeanson, Ph.D., Institute for Creation Research
- Birds of the Bible – Foundations #1 Updated
- Original Birds of the Bible – Foundations #2
- Gospel Message
Pingback: Birds of the Bible – Foundation Reviews in 2022 | Lee's Birdwatching Adventures Plus
Thanks for the links Lee, looks like some interesting reading for the Creationist viewpoint.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome. Happy reading.
LikeLiked by 1 person